Sunday, March 10, 2013

Book Review: Tiger's Voyage

Welcome everyone! Tonight I'll be reviewing the third book in the Tiger Saga, Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck. I have previously reviewed the first two books, Tiger's Curse and Tiger's Quest. Please note as this is the third book in the series, this review might contain spoilers to the first two book.


Title: Tiger's Voyage
Author: Colleen Houck
Series: The Tiger Saga #3
Publisher: Splinter Publishing
Publication Date: November 1, 2011
Format Read: ebook
Genre: YA Paranormal
Purchase: Amazon



Description from the publisher:
The third book in the gripping "Tiger's Curse" series!

With the head-to-head battle against the villainous Lokesh behind her, Kelsey confronts a new heartbreak: in the wake of his traumatic experience, her beloved Ren no longer remembers who she is. As the trio continues their quest by challenging five cunning and duplicitous dragons, Ren and Kishan once more vie for her affections--leaving Kelsey more confused than ever.

Fraught with danger, filled with magic, and packed with romance, "Tiger's Voyage" brings Kelsey and her two tiger princes one step closer to breaking the curse.

I listened to the audio-book of the first two books in the series. The third book was not available as an audio-book from my library, so I opted for the ebook. I'm not sure if it was a format difference (the performer for the audio-books is excellent) or what, but I think the third book is quite possibly my favorite of those that I've read so far. Not only does the third book have tigers, but dragons too. DRAGONS! PLUS you have both brothers in this installment going on the quest with Kelsey. 

The book starts out with Kelsey being heartbroken over the fact that Ren no longer remembers her and in fact feels very uncomfortable and even sick in her presence. Did Lokesh make Ren forget Kelsey? Will he ever remember her?


All the while, Kishan provides Kelsey with a nice steady companion and friend. He wants more, but is content to wait until Kelsey is ready to move on from Ren. Ren, who feels sick in Kelsey's presence can see why he must have fallen in love with her in the first place. Both guys vie for her attention in this book. A nice treat, but not the main thing I liked about the book.


What was the main thing I liked? Well, the dragons, of course. The team takes the yacht on a quest to find five dragons who will help lead them to the next item they need to break the curse and get an additional six hours back as a man. 


Each dragon is in it's own, unique realm. They must complete a challenge for each dragon in order to get information on how to find the next dragon. The last dragon is to direct them to a final temple where they can find the item they are looking for. Why can't they just skip ahead to the final temple? Well, they need to prove themselves worthy before continuing on. I loved how different each dragon was and how well thought out each of the tasks was. I think I found the gold dragon to be most amusing.


This book is the most fast paced one of the series so far. I highly recommend it, especially if you've read the first two. I can't wait until I get a hold of the last book. I hope it's as good as this one, if not better. 


My  Rating: 


Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3)

No comments:

Post a Comment