Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Book Review: Tiger's Quest

The Tiger's Quest is the second book in The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck. You can find my review of the first book, Tiger's Curse here.

Tiger's Quest picks up where Tiger's Curse left off. With Kelsey back in Oregon, trying to move on from Ren and a live normal life at college, going to classes, dating boys, etc... Things don't go as planned, when Ren shows up trying to woo Kelsey back. Then Lokesh manages to find out where Kelsey is and they are once again off to India and on another quest to break the curse. Only this time instead of with Ren, Kelsey is on her adventure with Kishan.

I once again listened to the beautiful audio edition. I think it is wonderfully performed. However, I had a little more trouble getting into Tiger's Quest, than I did getting into Tiger's Curse. I found myself putting it down and even had no problem taking a couple day break from it to listen to my February Book Club Book, Unwind. It seemed slow in the beginning getting back to Kelsey and Ren. That is not to say there weren't interesting bits. I do like the main portion of Kelsey and Kishan quest and the tie-in with the Ark story. The different challenges they had to face and the people they met where interesting. 

I also believe that Kelsey has grown as a person. I like her better. I like how we get to find out more about Kishan too. At the same time I feel like this book doesn't quite have the same level of magic as the first. I still plan on reading more of the series. Based on the ending of this one I can see the third book having some interesting plot lines.

I think that if you liked the first book, you will probably like this one too.

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment