Thursday, March 7, 2013

Debbie Macomber Books & Brunch House Party

I don't know how familiar everyone is with House Party, but it's an awesome website. I just found out yesterday that I won a host spot for the Debbie Macomber Books & Brunch House Party. Awesome, right?

Now, if I am being perfectly honest, I have never actually read one of her books, which makes me even more surprised that I won. So far no one else in my book club or that I've invited has read one before either. I thought for sure at least one of them would have. Of course, I haven't hear back from everyone yet, so it's possible someone has. 

Even so I LOVE books and am very excited I won! 

I have seen several Debbie Macomber made for TV adaptions on The Hallmark Channel. I can only guess that the books are better than the movies, as they usually are.

So what awesome stuff am I getting from Debbie Macomber and House Party

  • (1) Signed finished copy of Starting Now for host
  • (1) DVD with a trailer and a sneak peek scene of “Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove” 
  • (12) Copies of The Inn at Rose Harbor, including an extended excerpt from Starting Now
  • (12) Autographed stickers signed by Debbie Macomber for host’s and guests’ book(s) 
  • (12) Bookmarks
  • (12) Coasters
  • (2) Tote bags for the host and a trivia prizewinner
  • (1 box) 20 Sachets of Ambessa whole leaf tea blends from Harney & Sons
  • (2 boxes) of Salem Baking Company's Moravian cookies in Ginger Spice and Meyer Lemon 
  • (12) Postcards
  • (1) Fine Gauge Supima® Crew Cardigan (large), compliments of Lands’ End
  • (1) Lands’ End catalog
  • (12) Lands’ End bookmarks with coupon

Plus there are some print offs: a Welcome Sign, Recipes from the book, Barnes & Noble Coupons, Harney & Sons Coupons, etc...

They even included some trivia questions about the book and a discussion guide for the book. Although, I'm only getting the party pack about 5 days before the party. Not really enough time for me to pre-distribute them and give everyone enough time to read it. Maybe I'll set up a online discussion on Goodreads about a month after the party so we can discuss or at the very least it will come up at the next book club meeting. I'm going to see about borrowing a copy from the library to read ahead of time and am going to suggest the same thing to my guests.

I know I normally read YA books, but I still do love a nice feel good Chick Lit book every now and then. 

Have you read a Debbie Macomber book before? What did you think?

Want to check out these books along with me?
Starting Now - Buy on Amazon or Barnes & Noble - Find on Goodreads
The Inn at Rose Harbor - Buy on Amazon or Barnes & Noble - Find on Goodreads

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment