Monday, June 24, 2013

Novella Review: Dark Child: Episode Two

Good morning everyone! Today I'll be reviewing Dark Child: Episode Two by Adina West. It is the second book in the Dark Child series.  I received a copy of this book for free in return for my honest review, through the Never Too Old For Y.A. Books Group on Goodreads. However, I received a copy of the book directly from the author's publisher. This in no way effects my final review of this book. 

Title: Dark Child: Episode Two
Author: Adina West
Series: Dark Child #2
Publisher: Momentum Books
Original Publication Date: March 1, 2013
Format Read: kindle
Genre: YA Paranormal
Purchase: Amazon

Description from the publisher:
A crawling unease stirred deep within Kat. She shifted a little further away from Char. Finally she spoke, her voice fracturing the tense silence.
“Who are you, Char?”


Kat doesn’t want to question her luck too closely when she lands a fabulous Manhattan apartment only blocks from her new job, even if cab drivers do have a funny habit of driving right past her antiquated apartment building without seeing it.

But the quiet building hides a deadly secret, and when Kat meets Char from down the hall, she’s drawn into a hidden world where humans aren’t welcome, populated by beings as dangerous as they are beautiful. Soon Kat’s neck-deep in trouble and on the run, and discovering the truth about her own unique heritage might just make things worse.

This is a novella-length episode of Dark Child. This is part two of five.

This novella picks up almost where the last one left off. Kat has accepted her new job and is in New York looking for a place to live that is within easy walking distance to work. While she initially has trouble she eventually lucks out. Although there does seem to be something strange about her new apartment building.

Besides Kat, you are introduced to a few new characters in this episode. I found these new characters to be interesting. I normally don't care for more than two or three POVs in a story, but so far the multiple POVs are working for me in this one. I am amused that as I reader I know more about what is happening to Kat than she does.

One of the new characters we meet is Char, who immediately realizes there is something different about Kat. She calls it in to the big guys and is immediately tasked with protecting her until they can send someone over to investigate. 

I'm really hoping to find out more in the third episode, as this one ended a little abruptly. Thankfully, I am in possession of the third episode, that I plan on reading ASAP.

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment